Sunday, August 26, 2007

Projekt Revolution / Linkin Park Rule!

AWESOME! Linkin Park, the headliner band that put together this 6th annual Projekt Revolution tour, played an amazing hour-and-a-half of new and old masterpieces to a full audience at The Tweeter Center in Mansfield, MA Friday night, Aug. 24. The set, consisting of 17 songs and 3 encore songs, was derived equally from their three albums, with only 7 coming from the new album, Minutes to Midnight.

Linkin Park delighted fans old and new, with rockin' renditions of "Numb", "Crawling" and "In the End" balancing out the more sedate songs such as "The Little Things Give You Away", which lead singer Chester Bennington dedicated to all the recent flood victims in the U.S. The set list was:

Wake/Given Up
No More Sorrow
Lying From You
Don't Stay
Somewhere I Belong
From the Inside
Papercut
Points of Authority
Leave out all the Rest
Shadow of the Day
Numb
Pushing Me Away
Breaking the Habit
Crawling
The Little Things Give you Away
What I've Done
Faint

The Linkin Park encore consisted of three songs: One Step Closer, In the End, and Bleed it Out.

All in all, a very satisfying performance. I'm glad I stayed for the encore, which ended on one of my favorites, Bleed it Out. The only disappointment was they didn't play Hit the Floor.

Immediately preceeding Linkin Park was My Chemical Romance. Even though I don't know their music that well (I don't own any of their CDs), I thoroughly enjoyed their show. It turns out that I know a few of MCR's songs, too. They had a great stage presence, warming up the crowd before LP came on. The lead singer seemed to enjoy asking "the boys" in the audience to take off their shirts and wave them in the air. Funny thing is, he never removed his own tight, military-like jacket.

Other bands on stage before LP and MCR (starting at about 4:30pm) were Julien K, Placebo, Him, and Taking Back Sunday.

I cranked LP in my car on the way home. I was so wired when I got home at midnight that it took me nearly two hours to get to sleep. What a fabulous way to start the weekend! But I sure am glad I didn't have to get up at 5:30am on Saturday to drive to NH for hiking!

No comments: