Friday, August 15, 2008

Geocaching with family in Michigan

I've now added a fifth state to my list of states where I've found geocaches! This past weekend my brothers, nieces, Uncle Rod, Mike and I searched for 4 and found 3 geocaches in the Tawas City, MI area.

My favorite, pictured here, was Buck Creek Pond, Iosco County, north of Tawas. What a beautiful area! I really enjoyed walking along the shore to find the cache. My niece traded a box of Big Boy crayons for two NRA stickers -- which we later learned was actually placed there by our uncle several years ago! How ironic is that?

Uncle Rod took a lot of great shots of us geocaching, but I captured this shot of him (holding his camera) and my brother Steve at the BBQ Sunday night! Thanks, Uncle Rod, for joining us in the geocaching adventure!

Special thanks go to Aunt Paula and Uncle Gerry for their generous hospitality over the weekend. I'm so glad that my brothers had the opportunity to get to meet them and our other uncles. It is a strong possibility that we'll (or at least I'll) be back again for the Baker reunion and Brown get-together next year. Second weekend in August.

No comments: